TUCC is committed to you.
TUCC is completely open for all in-person appointments at our facility. Please call 303-825-8822 or Request An Appointment today. We follow CDC and public health guidelines to ensure the safety of all of our patients and staff. We remain committed to providing excellent urologic care.
Almost two months ago, The Urology Center of Colorado (TUCC) transitioned routine Urology care to a telehealth platform and delayed elective medical and surgical care with your physician during the COVID-19 threat. In an ongoing effort to protect our community, patients, and staff, TUCC has a new focus on telehealth appointments.
Most routine care can be provided in the comfort and security of your own home. Through a user-friendly online telehealth platform, called Doxy.me, patients can use a smartphone, tablet, or computer with access to a camera to conduct a full telehealth visit with their provider.
In the coming weeks, we will also begin to expand our ability to care for patients with less pressing issues. As it becomes safe to do so, we will return to normal clinic operations.
We remain committed to seeing patients with urgent urological issues within our clinic. We have designed and implemented the safest possible healthcare environment at TUCC. TUCC has the resources to perform the necessary imaging and to provide treatment recommendations in a streamlined fashion often in a single visit.
While under our care you can expect the following changes as part of TUCC’s process for keeping patients safe:
- We have rearranged our clinic to maintain appropriate social distancing in public areas as recommended by the CDC
- Hand hygiene will be evident
- Additional cleaning and sanitation protocols are in place for commonly touched environmental surfaces
- Visitors will be limited in our facilities to practice social distancing. Patients please do NOT bring guests (including spouses/partners). If you need assistance during your visit please call our office at 303-825-8822 to discuss further
- We are screening all individuals upon entrance to TUCC. If you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees F you will need to reschedule your appointment and you will be directed to follow up with your Primary Care provider as soon as possible
- Staff are not permitted on the premises if they have a temperature over 100.4 degrees
- All staff, providers, patients, and visitors are required to wear masks. If you are scheduled for an in-person visit, please wear a mask or you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Both standard medical masks or homemade face coverings are acceptable.
In the event that you are scheduled for surgery, you will be contacted prior to your procedure to confirm the date, time, and location. In addition we will provide you with facility-specific guidelines that need to be met prior to your procedure. You will have an opportunity to ask questions regarding the process when you speak to the surgery scheduler.
If you would like to schedule an appointment please follow this link “Request Appointment“, email TUCCINFO@TUCC.com or call 303-825-8822 and we would be happy to help. Additionally, you can visit our website TUCC.com to learn more about our practice, and our telehealth option.
At TUCC we are committed to helping our patients, our employees, our providers and our community resume life and work activities as safely and as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time as we continue to provide excellent urologic care in an ever-changing environment.
Your TUCC Providers
TUCC has been a long-time partner with the American Cancer Society and we realize that cancer doesn’t stop even through a pandemic so we wanted to share some resources that ACS created to help support cancer patients during this challenging time. This pdf includes the information for a 24/7 Live Chat. Download now->
To lessen the impact of the current pandemic, we have transitioned all appropriate non-urgent and routine care to a TeleHealth platform. Please Click Here to make an appointment.
To our valued TUCC community,
The Urology Center of Colorado places the safety of our patients and our community as our primary priority. We recognize the challenges that COVID-19 poses to delivering care to our patients but are mindful that we all share responsibility in limiting the risk of infection and community transmission.
In light of this, TUCC has immediately taken the following actions:
- We are limiting our in-office visits to urgent conditions
- We are rescheduling elective surgeries
- We are offering telephone consultations for both our new and established patients. You may schedule an appointment here>>
- As possible, we are asking our employees to work remotely
At this time, we will continue to evaluate and treat patients in our radiation oncology department.
If you have specific questions about your care or appointment please contact us through the patient portal, via email TUCCINFO@TUCC.com or by calling 303-825-8822.
We ask for your patience and understanding as we respond to a constantly evolving and unprecedented situation. We know that together we will get through this and that we will build a stronger community for the future.
The Urology Center of Colorado
TUCC is monitoring the COVID-19 situation and our main concern is the health and well-being of our patients and staff. We are following information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials . In addition to our regular sanitization procedures we have instituted additional cleaning multiple times per day throughout the center. TUCC treats only urologic conditions so please reach out to your primary care provider if you are experiencing a non-urologic illness. If you are ill and need to reschedule your appointment at TUCC we will gladly accommodate you. Please reach out to us at 303-825-8822 or visit our website if you need to reschedule your appointment. We suggest that you follow the recommendations of the CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/
Additionally, out of an abundance of caution to ensure the safety of our patients, TUCC is temporarily suspending all classes and support groups until further notice. We will keep you posted on any changes. Please check back for updated information.