Stephen Ruyle, M.D., is a fourth generation Coloradan and native of Greeley. Dr. Ruyle joined Colorado Urology Associates in 1991 and has served as a clinical consultant for the University of Colorado, Chief of Urology at St. Joseph’s Hospital and President of the Rocky Mountain Kidney Stone Center. He has served as TUCC President since the practice opened in 2006.
An active member of the medical community, Dr. Ruyle is a member of the American Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, fellow in the American College of Surgeons, Large Urology Group Practice Association, Rocky Mountain Urological Society, Colorado and Denver Medical Societies and the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.
Dr. Ruyle received his Bachelor of Arts degree, with distinction, in molecular biology from the University of Colorado. He earned his medical doctorate, with honors, from Dartmouth Medical School before completing general surgery training at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine in Norfolk, Virginia. Dr. Ruyle completed his urological surgery training at Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. He is board certified by the American Board of Urology.
Dr. Ruyle was recently named a 2015 Top Doc by 5280 Magazine. This is the 13th time he has been recognized by the magazine in the urology category. Click here to learn more.
- Robotic Prostatectomy and Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection for Prostate Cancer
- Treatment of Prostate and Bladder Cancer
- Neurogenic Bladder/Spinal Cord Injury
- Kidney Stone Disease with Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL), Ureteroscopy/Laser and Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) with Transurethral Resection and Microwave Therapy
- Male Urinary Incontinence
- Recognized as a 5280 Top Doc thirteen times
- Past President of The Urology Center of Colorado
- Former President of the Rocky Mountain Kidney Stone Center
- Received his medical degree from Dartmouth Medical School and completed his urological surgery training at Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Request an Appointment NowRequest Appointment
What Dr. Ruyle's Patients are Saying
“Dr. Ruyle and staff have seen me for several years, they follow-up in a timely manner and are truly the best. We have recommended several patients. Keep up the good work! Simply put, Steve Braun is the best! It is obvious that he loves his job here at TUCC and the physicians. He explains the procedure very well and has gentle technique.”
“I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend TUCC to anyone needing its services and thank you again for the care I received yesterday and in future visits.”
“I would like to let you know how much I appreciate Dr. Ruyle and what he has done for me and my family. Thanks to him, he has extended my life and there aren’t enough words to express my appreciation. Three years ago Dr. Ruyle removed my cancerous prostate with the da Vinci and my quality of life has never been better thanks to his incredible skill and knowledge. I can’t thank him enough for the care and compassion he gave me and continues to give me. Along with Dr. Ruyle, his nurse Hope (a truly fitting name for her) helped my wife and I get through the scary experience of cancer and continues to this day to be a warm and caring person to us. Thank you Hope! Thank you Dr. Ruyle! And thank you TUCC!”