Why should I participate in a research study?
- It gives you another option or enhancement to your treatment plan.
- It will help you feel more proactive about your disease process.
- It will increase your knowledge base about your disease.
- Data collected from your participation will help others in the future with the same diagnosis.
- All study medication and study procedures will be provided to you at no cost.
What is expected of me if I decide to participate in a research study?
- Compliance with the guidelines of the study.
- Compliance with study prescription medication.
- Regular communication in study diaries and/or questionnaires.
- The ability to come to study visits during specific windows of time.
- An understanding that any study is voluntary and a study participant may withdraw consent at any time.
What is expected of the research team?
- The number one priority of the research team is patient safety.
- The research team is responsible for making sure the study participant is following the guidelines of the study.
- The research team is expected to track any side effects and ensure follow up of episodes.
- The research team is responsible for making sure the study participant's needs are being met within the confines of the study.
Click here to learn more about open clinical trials at TUCC.